The New Zealand Game Developers Conference is a an action-packed conference for professional and indie game developers.
It will be held on Friday 19 September 2014 at AUT University in Auckland, with workshops on Thursday 18th. Registration opens at 9am with the conference running from 10am-6pm including lunch and afternoon tea. Tickets for NZGDA members and students are only $95 (incl GST).
Video games continue to be a fast-growing export sector for New Zealand, with several Kiwi developers gaining global recognition. Kiwi game devs are at the top of their game, so come along to hear leading developers share real experiences and knowledge that have made them global successes.
Keynote by Diablo 2 Lead Designer David Brevik
David Brevik is the Game Designer and Producer of gaming classics Diablo and Diablo 2. He was one of the co-founders of Blizzard North, one of the most successful video game companies in history. David is now President and Chief Operating Officer of Gazillion Entertainment, developers of Marvel Heroes MMO. His game design and business insights are not to be missed.
Conference sessions cover “Tech & Infrastructure”, “Creative” & “Production & Business” streams and include:
- Postmortems of hit games from PikPok, Ninja Kiwi, Meltdown Games and more
- Challenge Design in Path of Exile – Carl de Visser, Grinding Gear Games
- Design that Delivers Customer Loyalty – Rebeccah Cox, Bexcellent Games
- Runaway Art – Emma Johansson
- Planning Digital IP – Edwin Lim, Hudson Gavin Martin Law
- Jigsaw Storytelling in Path of Exile – Edwin McRae, The Fiction Engine
- Flutter’s Free to Play Economy – Tim Nixon, Runaway Play
- Remote Control: Lessons in Leadership on Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition – Liam Esler
- Game Audio Production – Bart Klepka
- How do I get people to my App Panel – Mario Wynands, Tim Nixon, Jeremy Taylor
- The Mobile Game Design Super Panel