Location: Dunedin, New Zealand
We’re looking for passionate and creative team members to join us on an ambitious journey to create the greatest portfolio of games about the natural world. Come work in a fun, challenging environment with a talented team of engineers, designers and artists all dedicated to creating exceptional mobile entertainment products.
As an Artist, you will be working directly with a Product Owner on Runaway games! Your role will be varied – creating new characters, new sets of creatures, decorations and environments. You will work closely with our researcher (who provides the initial details on new species and sets), our developers, other artists and Product Owners.
Skills & Experience
● 2+ years game industry experience
● At least 1 published game title that you have worked on
● Excellent knowledge of 2d puppet-style animation using “Spine” and “Adobe Animate”, with outstanding animation skills demonstrating knowledge and application of weight, timing, pace, poses and storytelling
● Tertiary degree in Design or Art
● Passion for games and creating innovative consumer products and a good understanding of what makes a game visually appealing and fun to play
● Strong traditional and computer art and design skills, with a striking portfolio to back them up
● Understanding of the technology used in game development, its capabilities and limitations
● Fluent in graphics programs like “Photoshop” and “Illustrator”
● Initiative to self manage and ensure your time is being used in the most efficient way possible to produce fun experiences for end users
● Ability to iterate fast, getting quick demos completed then integrating feedback into the next revision
● Work well within a team – you will work with the design and art teams to develop concepts for new mechanics
● Fun and personable individual able to gel with an outgoing and ambitious team
We take pride in our culture and look to hire smart, resourceful individuals who want to be
part of making something special. If you think you fit the bill, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org