Aurora44 is an independently owned company based in Lower Hutt, New Zealand. Established in 2013 by ex-Weta Digital artists and veterans of the local games industry, Derek Bradley and Leighton Milne, Aurora44 is currently developing their first game, Ashen.
Aurora44 is currently seeking a talented, motivated Animation Technical Director to join our characters and animation team. You will help define the path for character/creature rigs, both in Maya and Unreal Engine. You will be the architect of extensive game creation pipelines and tools/scripts. Excellent communication skills are required as you will be the bridge between the art and code teams from various standpoints, including tools training and Unreal Engine content integration.
Skills and Requirements
- 2+ shipped console title or equivalent
- Expert knowledge in Maya and Unreal Engine 4
- Solid rigging/skinning skills
- Scripting experience, Python is preferred
- Experience in character set up in UE4
- Good knowledge in human anatomy
- Ability to provide front line support and guide other developers with debugging technical problems
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work well whilst under pressure
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Send your CV and Cover Letter to Lar at email@example.com