We’re looking for an Associate Art Director to join the ranks of our growing team!
We’re PikPok, New Zealand’s longest standing game developer, and we make great game experiences. We want to create and entertain, be successful and enjoy what we do, and we’re looking for people who want that too. Over the years, we’ve built loads of games for all sorts of platforms, most recently titles like Dungeon Inc. and Into the Dead 2 on Android and iOS. Our teams are small, and everyone involved can contribute to the decisions that shape our products. We’re always working to build and maintain a safe and fun studio culture and we welcome applications from diverse candidates and those with a range of backgrounds, skills, and experiences.
Which brings us to you – we’re looking for a talented Art Director who knows how to work well within a highly creative, team-focussed environment. You’d be working with other creative marketing staff to design and implement top-shelf solutions for all of our titles – jumping from one project to another and working across a wide range of styles. We need someone fast, reliable and flexible – able and willing to deal effectively with everything from small, urgent requests through to large product launches, campaigns and branding exercises. You should enjoy a fast-paced environment and the challenges that entails. You’ll also need to be a confident and enthusiastic communicator, someone who appreciates collaboration and iteration as means to achieve the very best results.
You’re the kind of person who:
• Takes pride in their work and strives to deliver their best
• Looks for opportunities to grow as an artist, designer and art director
• Is a quick learner
• Is a great communicator and listener, with strong soft skills
• Wants to contribute to building successful teams with good processes
• Accurately estimates work, and can adapt to changing requirements and timelines
• Actively works to collaborate with others in all disciplines
We’re the kind of studio that:
• Loves making great games
• Cares about work/life balance
• Tries to be proactive in understanding your needs through 1-1s and regular feedback rounds
• Can be flexible around family requirements
You can expect to be aiding in the direction and development of:
• Product branding: logos/idents, digital storefronts and associated material
• Screen creative/advertising for new product launches as well as in support of an extensive live portfolio
• Community assets across a wide array of social media channels
• Support material for business development activities: presentation assets, brand integrations, product pitches, and so on
• General art and design related material as required
The ideal candidate would possess:
• Several years’ experience with an established background in Illustration and graphic design practice, in a studio or agency environment
• A proven ability to work directly across a diverse range of styles, in-sync with the type of work and to the level of quality PikPok is known to produce
• Some games industry experience, preferably with a background in publishing
• Experience working with marketing, business development and community teams and staff
• Expert-level knowledge of Adobe CC
• A strong aptitude for learning and developing new skills
• The ability to communicate effectively and with confidence
• A positive ‘can-do’ attitude, great work ethic and strong sense of initiative
• The capacity to work well under pressure and to efficiently manage tight deadlines
• A willingness to mentor, support and inspire others
• Eligibility for a NZ Work Visa
• Fluency in English
If this sounds like you, then please take the time to look over some of our work by visiting us online at www.pikpok.com. The site is filled with examples of the type of work we’re looking for and the level of quality you’ll be expected to achieve. Even better and if you haven’t already, go and play some of our games!
Please send your application along with a digital copy of your résumé /CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include a (clickable) link to your portfolio online and note that applications without an accompanying portfolio will not be considered.