Based in Wellington, New Zealand, award-winning special effects facility Weta Workshop is known around the world for our work on films like The Lord of the Rings, District 9, and Avatar. Now, we’ve joined forces with Florida-based technology company Magic Leap to create Dr. Grordbort’s Invaders: the first Mixed Reality Lightfield game built on Magic Leap’s world-changing new wearable tech. Deep within Weta Workshop’s Interactive Studio, we’re traversing a new frontier in gaming, one robot at a time.
If we had you at ‘robot’, then read on…
Our team is growing rapidly. Together, we’re a family of creators passionate about making incredible things and we’re seeking the best game-makers, storytellers, filmmakers, musicians, artists and miscreants to join us here on the Miramar Peninsula.
We’re breaking new ground in games and Mixed Reality, this is your chance to be a part of creating the future!
Have you ever longed to disintegrate your tyrannical robot overlord with your trusty raygun? Of course you have, we all have; who needs motorised metal morons telling us what to do with our lives? Well now’s your chance to help thwart the mechanical menace by joining our team here at Weta Workshop and Magic Leap as an Associate Producer.
As an Associate Producer, you will be responsible for ensuring smooth and efficient operations of assigned departments. You will manage the creation and maintenance of department schedules and track assets as they progress through the development pipeline. That’s not all, though – this job is nothing if not varied. Additional responsibilities in this role might include curating project documentation, assisting in studio recruitment efforts, including new hire onboarding, providing support for studio operations and everything in-between.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of project schedules, and be able to derive various production metrics which can be used to accurately define key milestones and project dates.
- Promptly identify and resolve current and future blockers and cross-dependencies which could hinder the team.
- Manage workflows/pipelines and track production assets for assigned departments.
- Create and curate critical project information repositories, ensuring that any and all required information is current and easily accessible.
- Actively participate in studio hiring across assigned departments, including new hire onboarding.
- Provide support for studio operations and administration as required.
- Liaise with Magic Leap offices and teams where necessary.
- Engage in R&D of new tools relevant to the project.
- Previous games industry production experience essential with at least 1 shipped title in a production capacity.
- Good project management skills, and some knowledge and/or practical experience of industry-standard project management methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with an in-depth knowledge of GoogleSuite/MS Office.
- Strong problem solving skills, able to think ‘outside the box’ to find optimal solutions to difficult problems.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail, ability to keep cool under pressure.
Apply here: https://www.seek.co.nz/job-apply/33577046