PikPok is looking for a passionate technical manager and analyst to join our world beating mobile game dev team!
We’re PikPok, New Zealand’s longest standing game developer, and we make great game experiences. We want to create and entertain, while being successful and enjoying what we do, and we’re looking for people who want that too. Over the years, we’ve built loads of games for all sorts of platforms, most recently titles like Dungeon Inc. and Into the Dead 2 on Android and iOS. Our teams are small, and everyone involved can contribute to the decisions that shape the products.
With hundreds of thousands of daily active players, we’re into big data, big time! We’re looking for a skilled, proactive and passionate individual to support the ongoing analysis of PikPok’s digital & mobile titles to better understand user behaviour.
The ideal candidate will have prior commercial experience in software development, data analysis, a strong background in statistics, preferably in the gaming sector. They will possess an understanding of gaming and associated business models including free-to-play.
We welcome applications from diverse candidates and those with a range of backgrounds, skills, and experiences.
• Experience with large scale database systems
• Experience developing in Python and SQL
• Background in statistics
• Excellent analytical skills
• Presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills • Keen knowledge and interest in games especially mobile and free-to-play
• Manage and co-ordinate analytics staff and activities
• Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to present data and analysis that will provide actionable insight – ultimately improving the user acquisition, engagement, retention, monetization and virality of our titles. • Extract and analyze user data from multiple sources including server logs, 3rd party SDK’s/tools, A/B tests etc.
• Build, maintain and extend our back end analytics pipeline
• Create, maintain and distribute reports and insights to be used by product teams.
• Assist product developers in writing effective and efficient telemetry and A/B tests, and testing these event results in a development, test and live production environments.
• Tertiary level programming and/or statistics focussed degree
Bonus Points For:
• Experience with big data handling and processing
• Experience and passion for games and/or game development
• Experience using
o Amazon Web Services
o AWS RedShift