PikPok is looking for a passionate data analyst to join our world beating mobile game dev team!
We’re PikPok, New Zealand’s longest standing game developer, and we make great game experiences. We want to create and entertain, while being successful and enjoying what we do, and we’re looking for people who want that too. Over the years, we’ve built loads of games for all sorts of platforms, most recently titles like Dungeon Inc. and Into the Dead 2 on Android and iOS. Our teams are small, and everyone involved can contribute to the decisions that shape the products.
We’re looking for a skilled, proactive individual who loves games to support the ongoing analysis of PikPok’s digital & mobile titles to better understand user behaviour and commercial performance.
The ideal candidate will have prior commercial experience in data analysis, a strong background in statistics, preferably in the gaming sector. They will possess an understanding of gaming and associated business models including free-to-play.
We welcome applications from diverse candidates and those with a range of backgrounds, skills, and experiences.
• Excellent analytical skills
• Background in statistics
• Understands the fundamentals of game design
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong verbal communication skills • Keen knowledge and interest in games especially mobile and free-to-play
• Work collaboratively with product development teams to present data and analysis that will provide actionable insight into our titles improving the acquisition, engagement and monetization of our audience.
• Working within a small, motivated team – communicating effectively within that team as well as outwardly.
• Extract and analyze user data from multiple sources including server logs, 3rd party SDK’s/tools, A/B tests etc.
• Create, maintain and distribute reports and insights to be used by product teams
• Assisting product developers to write effective and efficient telemetry and A/B tests, and testing these event results in a development, test and live production environment.
Bonus Points For
• Experience in free to play monetisation
• Experience with big data handling and processing
• Experience using Tableau
• Knowing a query language e.g. SQL
• Experience with R
• Experience with machine learning