Based in Wellington, New Zealand, award-winning special effects facility Weta Workshop is known around the world for our work on films like The Lord of the Rings, District 9, and Avatar. Now, we’ve joined forces with Florida-based technology company Magic Leap to create Dr. Grordbort’s Invaders: the first Mixed Reality Lightfield game built on Magic Leap’s world-changing new wearable tech. Deep within Weta Workshop’s Interactive Studio, we’re traversing a new frontier in gaming, one robot at a time.
If we had you at ‘robot’, then read on…
Our team is growing rapidly. Together, we’re a family of creators passionate about making incredible things and we’re seeking the best game-makers, storytellers, filmmakers, musicians, artists and miscreants to join us here on the Miramar Peninsula.
We’re breaking new ground in games and Mixed Reality, this is your chance to be a part of creating the future!
Have you ever longed to disintegrate your tyrannical robot overlord with your trusty raygun? Of course you have, we all have; who needs motorised metal morons telling us what to do with our lives? Well now’s your chance to help thwart the mechanical menace by joining our team here at Weta Workshop and Magic Leap as a Game Programmer.
As a Game Programmer at Magic Leap, you will be a part of the core game development team, working in close conjunction with other game programmers, designers and content creators to implement engaging and compelling gameplay systems, proprietary toolsets and in-game features.
So, what can we offer you? I’m glad you asked! We can promise you that your code will help define the frontiers of a new medium, and if that wasn’t awesome enough – we can offer you the opportunity to work with an experienced team of industry veterans who are currently creating something amazing and truly unique.
- Support designers, artists and other content creators by implementing robust, accessible development toolsets based on existing and future requirements.
- Work with game and level designers to conceptualise and create adaptive and scalable gameplay systems as required.
- Implement internally written or commercially available plugins, ensuring compatibility across all existing systems and toolsets.
- Mentor junior game programmers and assist with their professional development.
- Participate in frequent game and content reviews, and be able to suggest potential codebase and development efficiency improvements.
- 3+ years of games industry experience; shipped at least 1 title in a programmer capacity
- In depth knowledge of C# and C++
- Previous development experience with Unity is highly desirable.
- Enthusiasm for pushing the limits of VR/AR/MR experiences
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
To apply visit: https://boards.greenhouse.io/magicleapinc/jobs/463297