– Studio from the creator of the award winning ‘DayZ’ PC game
– We make the games we want to play
– Game Programmer required in Dunedin, New Zealand
– Immediate start date
– Full Time
– Terms flexible dependent on the candidates skills, experience, and fit
The Studio develops several projects concurrently using a variety of engines (Unity, Unreal Engine 4). Your role will be writing code for Living Dark.
– 3+ years game production experience preferred
– 2+ shipped titles preferred
– Familiarity with Unreal (materials, anim, collision, AI, UI)
– C++ / Blueprint understanding
– Good understanding of system design standards (approaching broad systems with a reasonable strategy)
– Fundamental understanding of programming (loops, arrays, variables, math operations, conditionals)
– Design intuition for good end user gameplay
– Self problem solving
– Understanding build + deploy processes
– Good work ethic and teamwork
– Bonus: Specialized in some way (engine, AI, math, etc)
About the studio
Dunedin, New Zealand-based RocketWerkz began in 2015. The independent game development studio was founded by Dean Hall and employees staff from all levels of industry experience across multiple projects. In 2016 internet giant Tencent invested in the Studio. The focus of the studio is as a creative factory – developing PC games, new genres and cooperative multiplayer experiences.
We highly value diversity. Regardless of disability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or any other aspects of your culture or identity we think you have an important role to play in our team.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter (& portfolio) to email@example.com.