Have you ever longed to disintegrate your tyrannical robot overlord with your trusty raygun?
Of course you have, we all have; who needs motorised metal morons telling us what to do with our lives?!
Well now’s your chance to help thwart the mechanical menace by joining us at Weta Workshop and Magic Leap as we build Dr. Grordbort’s Invaders – a Mixed Reality Lightfield game built on Magic Leap’s world-changing new wearable tech.
Based in Wellington, New Zealand we are game-makers, filmmakers, musicians, artists and miscreants of all shapes and sizes. We embrace cultural diversity and individuality – Apply forthwith and let’s chat about how you might help us defeat the robot horde.
We are looking for a Game Programmer to come to New Zealand and join our growing team building a robot-disintegrating science fiction experience.
As a Game Programmer at Magic Leap, you will be a part of the core game development team, working in close conjunction with other game programmers, designers and content creators to implement engaging and compelling gameplay systems, proprietary toolsets and in-game features.
Lastly, you will have the opportunity to work with an experienced team of industry veterans who are toiling hard to create something amazing and world-changing. What more could you ask for?
● Support designers, artists and other content creators by implementing robust, accessible development toolsets based on existing and future requirements.
● Work with game and level designers to conceptualise and create adaptive and scalable gameplay systems as required.
● Implement internally written or commercially available plugins, ensuring compatibility across all existing systems and toolsets.
● Mentor junior game programmers and assist with their professional development.
● Participate in frequent game and content reviews, and be able to suggest potential codebase and development efficiency improvements.
● 3+ years of games industry experience; shipped at least 1 title in a programmer capacity
● In depth knowledge of C# and C++
● Previous development experience with Unity is highly desirable.
● Enthusiasm for pushing the limits of VR/AR/MR experiences
● All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.