The nuts and bolts
• We’re looking for a full-time Gameplay Engineer with at least three years experience to join our game development team.
• We’re based in the heart of Newmarket.
• We have our own Ice cream factory and yup, ice cream is on us.
• We’re looking to pay someone between $75,000k – $90,000k per annum.
Joy Business Academy (JBA) is the brainchild of some very proud parents, Pride & Joy. Pride & Joy exists to “entrepreneurize the remarkable people amongst today’s unemployed and underemployed” (try saying that three times fast!). How do they do that? Well firstly through Joy Ice Cream, an ice cream company that creates mobile ice cream pods for unemployed young people to run their own business.
And they didn’t stop there, instead starting JBA a couple of years later.
JBA is a platform that fights to get people into better work opportunities, by providing online courses that upskill users quickly and connecting them directly with employers.
Joy Business Academy believes every person deserves to have a job they love, and in doing so, is working hard to unleash everyone’s hidden potential out into their community.
Our head office is located in the heart of Newmarket. We have a funky ‘tech startup’ work environment where you’ll get to have fun while pushing limitless boundaries. Did we mention we also have an ice cream stand in the office? With ten flavours stocked on the regular.
We’re looking for like-minded, authentic, honest and trustworthy entrepreneurs with experience in front end web design to create world-class learning for our remarkable unemployed and underemployed.
We’re looking for a Unity Engineer with at least 3 years years experience. Ideally you’ve shipped at least two titles. You should have experience quickly turning ideas into solutions and translating requirements into games.
In the mid-term we are building educational assessment games that validate our users learnings; the are smaller mini-games with key objectives. These game’s will contact and report to an internal framework the users score. Long term there are a bunch of idea’s and bigger project that we’d love to get you invovled with.
• Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
• Collaborate with team members to develop various gameplay systems.
• Talent for creating clean and elegant user interfaces
• Comfortable with working on existing code
• Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed.
• Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
• Document and peer review technical designs with other software engineers.
• Capability to working with external API’s; familiarity with XML/JSON structures.
• Provide support to internal customers for developed software.
• Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies.
• Communicate with other team members, internal customers, and when required external customers to determine requirements.
• Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
• Work well together with other team members in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment.
• Mentor other engineers and artists as needed to increase their abilities and productivity.
• Possess and develop areas of engineering expertise.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
• 3+ years of experience in professional Unity tools software development
• Experience building editor extensions.
• Proficient with C#
• Familiar with Unity 5 UI system.
• A passion for making and playing games.
• Work well in a very loud and open work environment
• Cross platform experience; PC, Mac, Android, iOS, HTML5.
• Capable of producing robust, reusable architectures that can utilised be across different games to save time.
• Familiar with gaming design patterns; can recognise and work within them as well deploy solutions that fit to described situations.
• Can create usable in-editor solutions that can be used by our design team to generate levels with ease.
• Ability to multi-task and meet critical deadlines
• BC/MS in computer science.
• Understanding of shaders, lighting, materials
• Experience using external plug-ins to reduce overhead of projects.