Method is a well-established, award winning digital innovations agency in Auckland, New Zealand. Having worked on outstanding campaigns in web, mobile, social, AR and VR over the last few years our brilliant team has done remarkable and innovative work for local and international high-profile brands.
We are looking for a talented Game/Interactive Developer that is hard working, focused, and keen to work with new and innovative technology. As the key game developer working at Method M-Theory you will be hands on with strong capabilities in the development of robust and solid user interaction and game systems. You will be working on multiple challenges at any one time and are able to work independently as well as part of a team. You are positive, proactive and feel at home in a fast growing and motivated team environment and are willing to push the boundaries whenever you can.
Our candidate should have a strong interest in all types of technology from science & engineering to gaming, AI, etc. We see tech as a fundamental enabler, a great way to solve problems and should influence any successful developer who really aims to raise the bar and create new and innovative thinking.
You would be working alongside our Creatives, 3D Artists, Game & Front end Development team to create compelling experiences.
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enjoy interesting challenges and solving problems with creative and innovative ideas.
- Are flexible and have the confidence to learn quickly and apply new ideas.
- An eye for detail, quality focussed – testing and refactoring.
- Have a passion for continuous learning and growth as a developer.
- Well-versed in game engine technologies, best practices and emerging trends.
- Motivation to manage your own projects and work under tight deadlines without constant supervision.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that specifications are implemented.
- Experience working to tight deadlines and an ability to juggle several things at once are prerequisites as are excellent verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in C++ and C#
- Experience working with version control – (SVN, GIT)
- Solid experience with the latest versions or Unity3d and Unreal
- Excellent debugging skills
- Some experience exporting and working with 3D assets and materials
- Experience creating content for VR content for Vive, Rift
- Experience of mobile game production
- Experience connecting to 3rd party APIs, SDKs etc
We believe in the talent of our team and are always encouraging of skill development and areas for professional growth. We have a flat hierarchy and great team culture with a group of fun and passionate people. There are no egos here!
We will be looking for outstanding experience where we can see passion and drive for digital technologies. Someone that can not only think outside the box, but turn the thing inside out! Salary will be based on your experience.
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’re keen to join the Method team, please send your design portfolio, CV and a covering letter as to why you would be great for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org