Are you the new Junior Game Designer we’re looking for?
We’re PikPok, New Zealand’s longest standing game developer, and we make great game experiences. We want to create and entertain, while being successful and enjoying what we do.
Over the years, we’ve built lots of games for all sorts of platforms, most recently titles like Dungeon Inc. and Into the Dead 2 on Android and iOS. Our teams are small, and everyone involved can contribute to the decisions that shape the products.
We’re always working to build and maintain an inclusive, safe and fun studio culture. We have an amazing group of designers, artists, programmers and support staff and we’re looking to add to it.
To us, design is about creating amazing play experiences that engage and entertain. Which brings us to you – we’re looking for a talented Junior Game Designer, who can work well with other disciplines and help us develop innovative designs. Games are collaborative exercises, and we want someone who’ll succeed through their interactions with everyone.
You have a passion for games, and you regularly play mobile and F2P titles. You are a great communicator & team player and can grasp new concepts quickly. You are self-motivated, you proactively seek new challenges, but are also happy & eager to take direction and learn. Beyond all, you want to ensure that PikPok delivers super-fun titles to the world.
We welcome applications from diverse candidates and those with a range of backgrounds, skills, and experiences.
● Work with the game development team and game design team to create world-class, highly entertaining (and retaining) game titles.
● Help drive and develop the design and vision for titles, within any required brief constraints and in conjunction with the rest of the game’s core team.
● Undertake game design tasks as directed including, but not limited to: number balancing, control tweaking, level building, design documentation and play testing.
● Support the analysis and review of the title during the course of development
● Arrange and document meetings as required.
● Liaise with relevant external parties such as clients, translation services and audio contractors as required.
● Research, and champion, industry best practice in all areas of game design.
● Meld to the needs of the team, filling other duties as required
Desired Skills & Experience
● 1+ years game development experience.
● Good knowledge of F2P games.
● Good knowledge of game development process
● Good self management skills; great ability to work with others in a collaborative environment.
● Skilled with Unity, Excel, Word etc.
● Good ability to pick up new tools quickly.
● Burning desire to make highly entertaining games.