Brief Company Description
Blackout Sports is based in Hamilton, New Zealand with an established brand and passion for sports management games. We are growing our vision to move beyond text-based browser games to compete on the world stage by building innovative, visual and social mobile games.
Ability to write reusable code and libraries for future use
Ability to work under deadline with good time management skills
A passion for well-oiled machines/systems, and gaming too!
Desired Skills // Personal Attributes
– Some knowledge of noSQL data storage solutions, such as DynamoDB
– Some knowledge of REST API concepts
– Some experience tackling optimisation issues for maximum speed, scalability, and reliability
– Some experience with caching systems (such as Memcached, Redis)
– Be self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction
– Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Be open to direction and feedback and willingness to revisit work
– Ability to work independently and within a team
– Willingness to work in a startup environment
– A drive for excellence in all tasks, big or small, seen or unseen
– A passion for sports games, and/or manager games in particular
If you don’t know some of these skills, training will be provided.
If you’re interested, please contact us at [email protected] with your CV. Please do not email unnecessarily large attachments. Links to online content is best.