We’re looking for an entry-level Programmer – is it you?
We’re PikPok, New Zealand’s longest standing game developer, and we make great game experiences. We want to create and entertain, while being successful and enjoying what we do, and we’re looking for people who want that too. Over the years, we’ve built loads of games for all sorts of platforms, most recently titles like Dungeon Inc. and Into the Dead 2 on Android and iOS. Our teams are small, and everyone involved can contribute to the decisions that shape the products. We’re always working to build and maintain a safe and
fun studio culture.
So what about you? We’re looking for an entry-level programmer who wants to learn about all aspects of the game development process. You should like collaboration and working with others, as well as having foundational knowledge of programming. You should also have a desire to work in games – it’s what you’ll be doing as a job after all! We’ll do our part by ensuring you’re working with skilled senior staff to learn how to be a great game programmer.
We welcome applications from diverse candidates and those with a range of backgrounds, skills, and experiences.
You’re the kind of person who:
• Is a great communicator and listener, with strong soft skills.
• Writes clean, high quality code.
• Likes learning new things.
• Wants to contribute to building successful teams with good processes.
• Actively works to collaborate with others in all disciplines.
• Has an interest in software architecture and design.
We’re the kind of studio that:
• Loves making great games.
• Cares about work/life balance.
• Uses 1-1s and regular feedback rounds to understand your needs.
• Can be flexible around family requirements.
• Fluent in C++ and/or C#.
• Aptitude for learning new skills.
• Exposure to software architecture and design principles.
• Strong communication skills.
• Able to talk through problems and collaborate in system design.
• Understanding of version control systems (for example, SVN, GIT or Perforce).
• Must be a New Zealand resident or have relevant Visa.
• Experience in Unity3D.
• Any game development experience, professional or otherwise.
• Experience with content creation tools – Maya, 3DS Max, After Effects.