Have you ever longed to disintegrate your tyrannical robot overlord with your trusty raygun?
Of course you have, we all have; who needs motorised metal morons telling us what to do with our lives?!
Well now’s your chance to help thwart the mechanical menace by joining us at Weta Workshop and Magic
Leap as we build Dr. Grordbort’s Invaders – a Mixed Reality Lightfield g ame built on Magic Leap’s
world-changing new wearable tech.
Based in Wellington, New Zealand we are game-makers, filmmakers, musicians, artists and miscreants of
all shapes and sizes. We embrace cultural diversity and individuality – Apply forthwith and let’s chat about
how you might help us defeat the robot horde.
We are looking for a QA Lead to join our growing team in New Zealand and help us build the ultimate
robot-disintegrating science fiction experience.
As a QA Lead, you will be an integral part of the core game development team, working closely with
designers, programmers and content creators to define and implement comprehensive, in-depth test plans
for gameplay, systems and development tools. You will also manage the bug database and coordinate with
off-site QA, Standards and Compliance teams.
Lastly, you will have the opportunity to work with an experienced team of industry veterans who are toiling
hard to create something amazing and world-changing. What more could you ask for?
● Work with developers to articulate acceptance criteria and communicate test efforts.
● Manage the project bug database, provide regular updates on bug status and progression.
● Provide feedback on the selection, development, and scheduling of resources, both people and
tools, necessary to perform QA functions.
● Generate and maintain test plans and use cases to ensure that all functional requirements are met.
● Provide feedback to development in regards to operational and performance requirements, as well
as possible design improvements.
● Maintain high levels of communication with the development team.
● Provide leadership and direction to assigned QA staff and act as a subject matter expert within the
● Significant QA experience (preferably within game development). Experience in a Lead QA role is
● Extensive experience of traditional and novel testing methodologies.
● Familiarity with all stages of software development, from planning to shipping
● Good understanding of Agile development environments.
● Background in Software QA on mobile/embedded devices is a plus.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience is preferred