Location: Dunedin, New Zealand
We’re looking for passionate and creative team members to join us on an ambitious journey to create the greatest portfolio of games about the natural world. Come work in a fun, challenging environment with a talented team of engineers, designers and artists all dedicated to creating exceptional mobile entertainment products.
As a design led studio, we believe the heart of every game lies in its mechanics. It is interactivity that makes our medium unique, so to succeed in making meaningful contribution to its advancement then we must excel at the discipline of game design. To support this vision and help take our design to the next level, we’re looking for a passionate Senior Designer to join the team.
It is Runaway’s mission to create games that are not just fun and profitable, but a positive influence on our players’ lives. “Engines of Happiness,” that sit in our players’ pockets. This ambition brings unique and exciting challenges to the table as we balance best practice engagement and monetisation techniques with design innovations that respect our player’s time and attention. Sound exciting? We’d love to hear from you!
● Imagine, draft, document, and iterate on the core mechanics of a Runaway title, defining the ruleset that governs player progression and interaction
● Clearly articulate the gameplay vision to a multidisciplinary team, absorbing feedback and empowering all staff to make meaningful contributions to the design
● Build and balance the in-game economy, including progression stats and pricing
● Work with the Community Management and Analytics teams to collect player feedback on the live product, prioritising new feature development with the Product Owner in response
● Work with the leadership group to inspire design-led thinking throughout the whole company, contributing to the culture of constant improvement and upskilling
Skills & Experience
● 5+ years game design experience
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to wireframe mock-up screens and user stories that clearly define the end-user experience
● Passion for innovative game design and creating games that are a positive impact on players’ lives
● One or more shipped games in the mobile free-to- play category
● Experience leading teams and mentoring others
● Unity 5 experience
● Engineering or artistic background that could assist with rough prototyping
We take pride in our culture and look to hire smart, resourceful individuals who want to be
part of making something special. If you think you fit the bill, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your resume and example games to: firstname.lastname@example.org