Senior Visual Effects Artist
Grinding Gear Games is looking for an effects artist to create evocative visual effects in the ‘dark and gritty’ Path of Exile. You will develop real-time effects from concept to implementation and work to maintain a consistent aesthetic across all of the effects in the game. The ideal candidate has a firm grasp of color, texture, timing and impact as relates to FX and demonstrates an ability to sketch and storyboard to convey design ideas.
- Experience with creating consistently ‘dark and gritty’ FX using Photoshop, Maya, and in-game FX systems.
- Superior eye for lighting, value, color, details, and the ability to use them in creating efficient and impactful visual effects.
- Self-motivation, excellent communications skills, and able to work within a team.
- Positive attitude and able to receive and provide objective feedback.
- Passion for creating ‘dark and gritty’ spells and microtransactions.
- A passion for games
- Bonus: Experience creating real-time, in-game VFX for a variety of platforms from desktop to mobile. Previous game production experience.
Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.
Job Status: Full-Time
Location: Henderson, Auckland