Have a passion for video games and a knack for managing business, people and production processes?
Artrix Limited is looking to hire a Studio Manager for our Auckland studio in the North Shore.
This role is multi-faceted, that includes a variety of managerial responsibilities including: Supporting the CEO, Directors and the Senior Management team, managing the office planning, liaising with our external partners, assisting with the managing and planning (for our existing and future creative projects and our production pipelines). It also includes assisting, coordinating or leading matters such as HR/Recruitment, Marketing, Legal, Finance/Economy, QA, Compliance, Publishing, Business Relations and Production.
As a Studio Manager, we are seeking an approachable, polite, responsible and fair “people-person” who can get things done, and encourage others to do so also. As a front face to the studio, especially to our external partners, you will need to be able to present our studio’s brand and principles.
We are ideally seeking a candidate that comes from a creative and/or interactive entertainment environment, it would be great if you’re a gamer yourself, or have an appreciation of the art, skill and effort required for video game production.
If you have the required skills and personality, are interested in helping build Artrix to be both a regional and global leader, and want to help drive our people and original IPs towards success, please do not hesitate to apply!
Main responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Reports to the CEO
- Works with the other Directors and Department Heads to make company-wide decisions, and implement policy decisions.
- Helps Production to ensure that creative projects meet a high standard of quality and teams and management are working effectively on a day-to-day basis.
- Helps facilitate communication, organisation, and accountability across each department and project.
- Supports the team in establishing and maintaining processes.
- Responsible for executing business and organisational decisions.
- Helps liaise and manage with external partners/contractors etc. Establishes new business relationships.
- Helps drive the process of annual reviews and appraisals within the organisation.
- Assists, and helps execute marketing efforts.
- Holds weekly meetings with the CEO, Directors and/or Department Heads.
- Assists Production with developing/refining production team processes and procedures.
- Initiates plans/proposals for the company direction and strategy.
- Strong understanding of creative studio culture, compliance requirements, and production processes, ideally in game production.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Experienced in managing a studio, or a business, or alternatively, large teams.
- Experience shipping or launching at least 3+ digital products. Mobile games/Apps a plus. Free-to-Play games/Apps a bigger plus!
- Ability to assess and utilise Project Management software (JIRA, Hansoft, Asana, Trello etc.), and
- Sense of fun!
This job is based in Auckland, New Zealand applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If this sounds like you, contact Caley at email@example.com.