Are you the UI Artist we’re looking for?
We’re PikPok, New Zealand’s longest standing game developer, and we make great game experiences. We want to create and entertain, be successful and enjoy what we do, and we’re looking for people who want that too. Over the years, we’ve built loads of games for all sorts of platforms, most recently titles like Dungeon Inc. and Into the Dead 2 on Android and iOS. Our teams are small, and everyone involved can contribute to the decisions that shape our products. We’re always working to build and maintain a safe and fun studio culture and we welcome applications from diverse candidates and those with a range of backgrounds, skills, and experiences.
Which brings us to you – we’re looking for a talented UI Artist who knows how to work well within a highly creative, team-focussed environment. Our interface artists work with other creative and technical staff to design and implement top-shelf interface solutions for all of our game titles. You’ll need to be a confident and enthusiastic communicator – someone who appreciates collaboration and iteration as a means to achieve the very best results.
You’re the kind of person who:
• Takes pride in their work and strives to deliver their best
• Looks for opportunities to grow as an artist
• Is a quick learner
• Is a great communicator and listener, with strong soft skills
• Wants to contribute to building successful teams with good processes
• Accurately estimates work, and can adapt to changing requirements and timelines
• Actively works to collaborate with others in all disciplines
We’re the kind of studio that:
• Loves making great games
• Cares about work/life balance
• Tries to be proactive in understanding your needs through 1-1s and regular feedback rounds
• Can be flexible around family requirements
• Developed skills in general image creation and manipulation – you must be able to push and paint pixels in Photoshop to a high quality, production-ready standard
• Experience in general art and graphic design practice: typography, layout and composition, colour theory, etc.
• Strong competency with Adobe CC
• A thorough understanding of and appreciation for all aspects of UI/UX design practice
• The ability to work effectively across a diverse range of styles
• Proven workflow, task management and scheduling skills
• The ability to communicate effectively and with confidence
• A positive ‘can-do’ attitude, great work ethic and enthusiasm for iteration in pursuit of consistently excellent results
• The capacity to work well under pressure and to efficiently manage tight deadlines
• Must be eligible for NZ Visa
• Fluent in English
• Experience in Unity3D
• Proven skills and experience in implementing UI designs across iOS and Android apps and/or games
• Experience working with version control systems (for example, SVN, GIT or Perforce).
• Familiar with Scrum/Agile development practices
• Knowledge of mobile game production processes
• Some experience in a professional (preferably studio) environment – games, web, graphic design or other relevant area or creative industry
• A keen eye for motion graphics, animation and visual effects
• Some working knowledge of professional-grade 3D software (preferably Maya)
If this sounds like you then please take the time to look over some our work by visiting www.pikpok.com. The site is filled with examples of the type of work we’re looking for and the level of quality we look to achieve. Better yet, go ahead and play some of our games if you haven’t already!
Please send your resume/CV, covering letter, portfolio or showreel to: email@example.com. Applications not including a portfolio or showreel will not be considered. If group work is included in your portfolio, then please provide and accurate and detailed breakdown of your specific contributions.