Are you the UI Designer we’re looking for?
We’re PikPok, New Zealand’s longest standing game developer, and we make great game experiences. We want to create and entertain, while being successful and enjoying what we do.
Over the years, we’ve built lots of games for all sorts of platforms, most recently titles like Dungeon Inc. and Into the Dead 2 on Android and iOS. Our teams are small, and everyone involved can contribute to the decisions that shape the products.
We’re always working to build and maintain an inclusive, safe and fun studio culture. We have an amazing group of designers, artists, programmers and support staff and we’re looking to add to it.
To us, design is about creating amazing play experiences that engage and entertain and the User Interface is a core part of that experience.
Which brings us to you – we’re looking for a talented User Interface Designer who knows how to turn functional specification into amazingly intuitive designs, that help users get the most out of our games.
You love games and you love great UI designs. You have played many F2P mobile games, and have a good understanding of what they do well (and what they don’t).
Requirements and best practices are often changing. You should be agile, happy to iterate and able to grasp new concepts quickly.
Games are collaborative exercises, and we want someone who’ll succeed through their interactions with their peers across all disciplines. You should be a great team player and a good communicator, happy to present specifications & ideas and take feedback on board.
While you love working in a team, you are also self-motivated and happy to be given your own areas of responsibility. You care deeply about our players interactions with our games and can deliver beyond their expectations.
If this sounds like you, then please apply. We welcome applications from diverse candidates and those with a range of backgrounds, skills, and experiences.
● To act as an advocate for the significance and well being of user interface design as an art and as a discipline within PikPok;
● To design and create compelling, high quality user interfaces for PikPok projects and supporting materials as required;
● To prototype, wireframe, iterate, test and document interfaces throughout the course of a project;
● To work closely with game design, user experience and quality assurance departments to ensure that all user interfaces appropriately cater to the requirements of all vested interests, while also maintaining a consistently high standard of visual design quality;
● To work closely with artists to ensure the look of the UI enhances its functionality and usability
● To actively look to push envelope in terms of how we approach, consider and implement
user interface design at PikPok;
● To actively participate in and support all ‘research and design’ projects and exercises as they pertain to user interface and user interface tool design and production;
● Undertake special projects as directed by line manager;
Desired Experience Profile
● Two or more years experience working in the fields of user interface or interactive media design – towards the development and launch of successful media products;
● Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in graphic arts, interaction design, or a design related field;
● Highly skilled at user experience, interaction and visual design as demonstrated through a strong portfolio of prior work;
● Experience working closely with product, marketing and technology teams in a highly
collaborative and iterative manner;
● Good knowledge of games, particularly mobile and F2P;
● Expert understanding of interactive usability best practices.
● Familiarity with the Unity game engine
Please send your application along with a digital copy of your résumé/CV to: email@example.com.
Additional contact details can be found below and by visiting us online at www.pikpok.com