Based in Wellington, New Zealand, award-winning special effects facility Weta Workshop is known around the world for our work on films like The Lord of the Rings, District 9, and Avatar. Now, we’ve joined forces with Florida-based technology company Magic Leap to create Dr. Grordbort’s Invaders: the first Mixed Reality Lightfield game built on Magic Leap’s world-changing new wearable tech. Deep within Weta Workshop’s Interactive Studio, we’re traversing a new frontier in gaming, one robot at a time.
If we had you at ‘robot’, then read on…
Our team is growing rapidly. Together, we’re a family of creators passionate about making incredible things and we’re seeking the best game-makers, storytellers, filmmakers, musicians, artists and miscreants to join us here on the Miramar Peninsula.
We’re breaking new ground in games and Mixed Reality, this is your chance to be a part of creating the future!
As a member of the Invaders VFX team, you will be a critical component of the studio’s content creation pipeline, charged with creating visually stunning environmental, character and UI VFX content, then integrating it into the Unity game engine. Working with a wide variety of team members and departments, you will also be responsible for troubleshooting and optimizing existing VFX content to ensure it functions correctly and efficiently.
So, what can we offer you? I’m glad you asked! We can promise you that your VFX work will help define the frontiers of a new medium, and if that wasn’t awesome enough – we can offer you the opportunity to work with an experienced team of industry veterans who are currently creating something amazing and truly unique.
- Work directly with Art, Programming, and Design teams to concept, create and implement world-class visual effects.
- Solve technical, visual and performance issues across multiple platforms.
- Maintain and implement content pipelines and help develop VFX creation techniques.
- Actively participate in project planning, content review and playtesting sessions.
- Engage in R&D of new tools and technologies relevant to the project.
- Game development experience required.
- Artistic background, proven ability to handcraft optimized textures, materials and render assets.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating past work.
- Experience creating and implementing real-time VFX.
- Real-time shader experience.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
To apply visit: https://boards.greenhouse.io/magicleapinc/jobs/690503