The New Zealand Game Developers Conference 2022 will be held on 17 – 19 August 2022 at Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, Wellington.
Tickets will go sale in June. Previous years have been sold out with over 600 delegates and keynotes from some of the world’s most successful and acclaimed game developers.
You can watch the recorded presentations from 2021 on our NZGDA YouTube channel.
- Attend the Wellington Game Developers Meetup on the first Tuesday of each month
- Attend the Wellingtaru casual drinks in Wellington on the third Wednesday of each month
- Attend the Auckland Game Developer Meetups on the first Wednesday of each month
- Check out the Auckland Indies casual drinks group
- Attend the Christchurch Game Developers Meetup on the first Thursday of each month
- Check out the Dunedin Game Developers group
- Check out the Hamilton Game Developers group
Other Conferences and Events
- Exhibit your game in the NZ Games Showcase at Armageddon Auckland and Armageddon Wellington each year.
- Take part in the 48-hour Global Game Jam in late January in locations around New Zealand (and around the world).
- Take part in the 48-hour Kiwi Jam mid-year.
- Attend the NZ Games Festival in Wellington.
- Attend the Games for Learning conference in Wellington.
- Like and follow the NZGDA Facebook page for regular news updates
- Follow @nzgda on twitter
- Follow our LinkedIn industry page
- Subscribe to the NZGDA newsletter (also sent to all members)
- Follow and use #nzgamedev on social media
- Ask a friend, in the NZGDA FB or email firstname.lastname@example.org to add you to the NZ game dev groups on Slack and Discord
Not all events or groups listed here are directly organised by the NZGDA, but are friends of ours. If you’d like to promote a game making event or opportunity email email@example.com.