Space Rock Games is a fully-remote game development studio based in New Zealand. We are committed to ethical development practices with zero tolerance toward harassment and abuse while also having a no-crunch policy.
Our first game, Criminals Within, is a 3rd person cooperative-only action game set in a medieval fantasy kingdom and is currently in development.
We’re looking for a talented 3D Animator to join our crew and help us build our debut game, Criminals Within! If you have a passion for creating animations in a stylized world with a great eye for character personality, we would love to hear from you!
Full-time contract role with flexible hours, remote only.
What you would be doing
- Creating high-quality gameplay animations for our humanoid characters, with a great eye for character personality
- Optimizing and implementing animations into the project, fitting technical requirements
- Collaborating with other animators and working alongside the art team to define the look and feel of animations
What you must have
- Demonstrable understanding of the 12 animation principles
- Strong keyframe animation skills on humanoid characters
- Keep up to date with the latest tools/methods
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Be able to troubleshoot and solve problems as they arise
- Excellent communication skills, a friendly and approachable attitude
- A personal drive and ambition with your animation career within the games industry
- Fluent English, verbal and written
What is advantageous to have
- Previous work experience as an animator, with released game titles
- Experience with facial animation
- Experience with creature animation
- Experience leading and/or mentoring
- Knowledge of rigging fundamentals and creating rigs
- Familiarity with Blender and Unreal Engine animation workflow
- Opportunity to work on a medieval fantasy game at a growing game studio
- Work-life balance – we have a no-crunch policy
- Flexible working hours
- Work from anywhere you want
- Profit-sharing after 6 months of work
If you think you are the ideal person for the role, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your portfolio and CV and we will be in touch!
July 15, 2022