- Chance to create exciting animation for gamified learning in Virtual Reality!!!
- Great work culture and flexibility
- Competitive salary structure
Calling out for an experienced 3D Animator to come work with our diverse team of programmers, artists, game designers, engineers and producers. You will be engaged in some exciting stuff with an opportunity to work on some very intriguing projects with great scope alongside a team that is deeply passionate with strong ownership.
SkillsVR is a passionate and ambitious organisation that strives to push the boundaries of learning. We use modern digital tools and innovative technologies to re-envision what learning can represent in a global, diverse, post-industrial world. We create a variety of games for training, self-reflection, skill- assessment and simulated experience exposure. We pride ourselves on creating engaging ways to learn, reflect, improve and leverage the power of play to create strong and lasting positive outcomes. Our latest product of gamified and immersive training solutions in VR that helps build competence safer, faster and smarter.
- Develop, maintain and create animations for real time game assets.
- Communicate with the Art lead/Producer, Game designer as well as Game Developers and QA team regularly.
- When needed, help out with additional tasks such as modeling and texturing of 3D assets.
- Apply animation principles to create high quality animations while optimizing them to meet technical constraints and making any changes that are requested based on the artistic direction.
- Responsible for creation and integration of character animations into Unity.
- Quickly prototype and previsualize animation systems and ideas that will serve as a basis for animation and gameplay related discussions.
- Concepting animation for videos.
- Work in close collaboration with the art lead/producer, other animators, game artists,game designers and programmers to understand the quality objectives, gameplay intentions, and engine capacities in order to anticipate the in-game look of the animations.
- Communicate and working closely with game designers and programmers to find effective solutions or fix issues and achieve goals in time.
- Keep abreast of the industry trends and developments.
- 3 +Years’ experience in Animation or similar.
- Exceptional Key Frame animation skills and a reel to demonstrate ability.
- Highly proficient in a 3D animation package preferably Blender.
- Familiar with Motion capture process and data cleanup.
- Solid knowledge of game development pipelines and current generation technology.
- Ability to organize themselves and work collaboratively with a team.
- Creative and Innovative problem solver.
- Character rigging and/or modelling skills is advantageous.
- Experience in Modeling, Texturing and Unity is a big plus.
- Experience working in VR is a plus
- Ability to grasp new technology quickly and get the most out of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and value having members that represent our global diversity. SkillsVR is also an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer.
If this role sounds like your next opportunity, APPLY with your CV and a Covering letter.
If you have any questions or would like to get in touch please contact Sangeetha Vadluri (Sangeetha@skillsvr.com)
February 28, 2022