The developers of Wanderer – a virtual reality time-travel adventure game – are supercharging the team and are looking for a talented 3D character artist to join the team in beautiful and vibrant Auckland (NZ) for a minimum 24 month duration (with potential permanent options).
Our ideal candidate has a strong foundation in 3D character design and a passion for telling stories through character detailing, clothing and accessories. With an eye for realism they will be responsible for taking characters from concept through to finished art. They will be able to showcase this through a studio or professional portfolio. If you love working in a fast paced, fun and collaborative environment, and have a passion for VR gaming, come join our team and help make our vision for truly exciting VR games come to life.
Skills & Responsibilities
- 2+ years of professional 3D modelling experience.
- High level knowledge of at least one industry standard 3D software (bonus if Maya but not essential).
- Experience creating clothing using Marvellous designer.
- Experience using Substance painter and or other texturing applications.
- Knowledge of character rigging, blendshapes, cloth weighting.
- Be a creative, innovative problem solver.
- Be organised, productive, and a good communicator.
- Be flexible with making edits and revisions based on gameplay requirements.
- Experience with Unreal Engine and working on gameplay and/or interactive animation.
- Any experience using and working with Metahumans is a bonus.
What we offer
As a small, tight-knit team with passionate, enthusiastic and ambitious owners and team members we are intent on building a studio where you can be yourself and contribute to, not just the game you are working on, but also the overall studio vision.
What you can expect during your time with us:
- Guidance and support for your career with regular check ins and allowance for open and honest feedback and communication.
- Social and team events across a range of activities that members of the team take turns deciding on including game nights, karaoke sessions, dinners, mini golf and other activities.
- We have an ever growing addiction to Magic The Gathering and run Magic Drafts, for those interested, multiple times a year.
- Annual internal gam jam sessions
- Opportunities to attend local conferences and workshops as well as allowance for self-directed learning.
- Flexible hours and WFH opportunities.
- Cakes and morning teas for team birthdays (the lemon cake is a team favourite).
- Great location with easy access to a supermarket, gourmet grocery store and the ever-popular Ponsonby Central a short walk away.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for their next challenge. We’re a passionate group of storytellers, creatives, and developers and we encourage applications of a diverse range – we’re looking at you, women, LGBTQ+ community, Maori, Pasifika, and all typically under-represented groups.
If this sounds like your type of game, company and role we would love to hear from you.
Please apply with your CV including game examples and a covering letter here: https://www.seek.co.nz/job/57779003
August 31, 2022