Mighty Eyes – the developers of Wanderer – a virtual reality time-travel adventure game – are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Community Manager to join our team in beautiful and vibrant Auckland (NZ) for a minimum 24 month duration (with potential permanent options).
The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating and maintaining a strong online presence for our studio and upcoming game titles, as well as building and engaging with our community of players. The role can be part time or full time, the options can be discussed to suit.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive community management plan
- Create and curate engaging content for social media, forums, and other online platforms
- Build and maintain relationships with key community members and influencers
- Monitor and respond to community feedback and concerns
- Collaborate with the creative and development team to gather information and create content that is relevant and interesting to the community
- Plan and host online events and promotions to build community engagement
- Keep up to date with industry trends and best practices in community management
- 2+ years of experience in community management, preferably in the gaming industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with social media management and content creation
- Knowledge of community management tools and platforms
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Passion for gaming and understanding of the gaming industry
- Experience with video editing and streaming
What we offer
As a small, tight-knit team with passionate, enthusiastic and ambitious owners and team members we are intent on building a studio where you can be yourself and contribute to, not just the game you are working on, but also the overall studio vision.
What you can expect during your time with us:
- Guidance and support for your career with regular check ins and allowance for open and honest feedback and communication.
- Social and team events across a range of activities that members of the team take turns deciding on including game nights, karaoke sessions, dinners, mini golf and other activities.
- We have an ever growing addiction to Magic The Gathering and run Magic Drafts, for those interested, multiple times a year.
- Annual internal gam jam sessions
- Opportunities to attend local conferences and workshops as well as allowance for self-directed learning.
- Flexible hours and WFH opportunities.
- Cakes and morning teas for team birthdays (the lemon cake is a team favourite).
- Great location with easy access to a supermarket, gourmet grocery store and the ever-popular Ponsonby Central a short walk away.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for their next challenge. We’re a passionate group of storytellers, creatives, and developers and we encourage applications of a diverse range – we’re looking at you women, LGBTQ+ community, Maori, Pasifika, and all typically under-represented groups.
If you’re a passionate gamer with a proven track record in community management we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter as part of your application. Apply through Seek here: https://www.seek.co.nz/job/59800126?type=standard#sol=c76bb78717a090c23c7d965d73ba7748b4e74d0e
February 28, 2023