We’re going global. This is a rare opportunity to manage a global community of gamers from our HQ in beautiful New Zealand. Our survival PC video game Icarus aims to be a global gaming brand for years to come.
You’ll be responsible for fostering and building the Icarus gaming community: keeping them informed of what’s coming, helping them play together, celebrating their achievements and friendships. Our ideal candidate understands gamer culture, game streaming, social media and marketing.
In this role you will:
- Manage content on our community channels to encourage community-generated content, discussions and interaction
- Host and participate in the game’s streaming, podcasts and interviews
- Promote game updates through official livestreams and other channels
- Work with developers to create patch notes for content updates
- Schedule and plan content updates and use analytics tools to measure the response
- Listen to the community, share key community feedback and write reports on community sentiment
- Be an advocate for positive online communities and behavior
- A tertiary qualification in Marketing, Business or a related field
- Experience in managing online communities that are truly dynamic and engaging spaces
- Technical knowledge of social media and online community platforms
- Experience streaming on Twitch or a similar platform
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for video games and an excellent understanding of the survival genre
The position is full time, permanent and onsite in Auckland. Since New Zealand’s borders are currently closed due to covid-19 restrictions, you must already be in New Zealand. We highly value diversity. Regardless of disability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or any other aspects of your culture or identity you have an important role to play in our team.
March 12, 2021