Joy Business Academy is a growing and ambitious studio striving to push the boundaries of lifelong learning. We use modern digital tools, game design techniques and innovative technologies to re-envision what learning can represent in a global, diverse, post-industrial world.
We are calling out for an experienced, passionate, and well-rounded DevOps Engineer to come work with our diverse team of programmers, artists, instructional designers, and game designers. As our next DevOps Engineer you should have experience in quickly identify and create supporting solutions and putting them into action. Ideally, we’d like someone to “hit the ground running”, and you’ll be supported by a team of experienced developers who can quickly bring you up to speed.
You’ll be coming to a team with a strong sense of ownership and pride over their work, as well as one that is deeply attuned to creating positive social impact for a range of learning communities.
Sounds intriguing? Read up on what we’re looking for, and let us know if you are the one.
Your responsibilities: Supporting games built to do good.
(a.k.a what you can expect to do on a day-to-day basis)
- Monitor and support with the delivery of critical technical services across the business and its products towards achieving stability, scalability, performance and security.
- Emphasis on MS Azure DevOps, with secondary focus on AWS and other cloud providers.
- Assist in building resilience into our services and products.
- Helps prepare tools, techniques and environments for continuous delivery and integration to assist with efficient and agile production processes. Focusing on maintaining and managing infrastructure towards best practice standards
- Improve process and systems with the team and other stakeholders; flag and identify potential issues and friction points.
- Keep up-to-date on new tools, technologies, and processes (especially in the Azure ecosystem) to reduce workload and increase productivity..
- Review, develop and report on improvement initiatives for all systems and processes relating to specific area of expertise.
- Code and test automated build and deployment scripts for a variety of game and web projects.
- Facilitate existing teams through the DevOps process, exploring and defining requirements as the project progresses through its development cycle.
- Assisting with unit testing, integration/regression testing and deployment.
- Proactively involved with cross discipline and geographically diverse teams to deliver strong business outcomes.
- When required, provide out of hours support and active assistance.
- Works closely with the scrum team, particularly Developers and QAs to ensure that code can be released and tested on a regular cycle.
- Collaborate with team members, and external stakeholders, to develop various systems and work with existing frameworks, architectures, data structures and APIs.
- Work with project manager to break down high-level goals into tasks and timelines.
Your Profile – Ready to play
(a.k.a requirements to be successful in the role)
JBA creates a variety of games for training, self-reflection, skill-assessment, and simulated experience exposure. We pride ourselves on creating engaging ways to learn, reflect and improve that leverages the power of play to create strong and lasting positive outcomes.
To support this vision, our next DevOps Engineer should have:
- Strong understanding and experience with Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in configuring components in Kubernetes environments, and recommending their uses in the product.
- Setting up our infrastructure for speed, efficiency, scalability and with a focus on managing cost overheads.
- Understanding of the techniques and importance of ensuring scalability (vertically and horizontally), stability, self-healing, fault tolerance, and security as an active member of the DevOps team.
- Experience and strong understanding of the continuous delivery and continuous integration pipeline processes.
- Understanding of deployment and build tools – Arm Templates, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Shell & Bash, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, Gradle, RayGun
- Strong understanding of Network infrastructure, and Kubernetes, Virtual Machines, Redis, SQL, NoSQL, Serverless functions, Load balancers & Cloud architecture.
- Unix / Linux administration and Bash scripting
- Problem solving and problem analysis
- Experience programming in Bash, Python, Sh, PowerShell or other scripting language
- Database MySQL, NoSQL(CosmosDB) administration and support.
- Experience with Jenkins
- Understand current Git pipeline standards, and implementing new pipelines that meet project SLO’s
- Personally self-motivated, dedicated, positive, helpful, capable of rapid learning and sharing knowledge with the team.
(a.k.a traits that would make you fit into our team seamlessly)
We’re a team passionate about creating positive social impact through interactive experiences and games. As such, it’s important to us that our staff share the same passion and are advocates for the company values that dictate the way we operate.
You’d be our ideal candidate, if you are…
- Driven and Self-motivated
- Have a sense of social responsibility
- Supportive and team orientated
If this role sounds like your next opportunity, please send your resume, and an accompanying cover letter that includes:
Key relevant experience
(Who you are and how you see yourself fitting into our team)
If you have any questions or would like to get in touch, please contact Lauren Bardebes (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value having members that represent our global diversity. We strongly encourage any individual regardless of race, religion, colour, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status to apply for this role.
June 19, 2019