Are you passionate about games?
We love games, so we make games people love to play! Since 2009, PikPok has been making quality mobile games for the whole world to enjoy.
We focus on engaging and delighting players with high quality art, intuitive gameplay and rewarding in-game experiences.
Our team is based in Wellington, NZ, and is made up of talented folk from all over the globe.
We’ve released successful original games including Rival Stars® Horse Racing, Agent Intercept™, Into the Dead® 2, Flick Kick® Football Legends and Shatter™. We also work with top-notch partners to create fun, entertaining games that are enjoyed across the globe.
PikPok values the contributions of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. We want our games to reflect the diversity of the people playing them now and in the future. People with curiosity, a sense of ownership, and who actively collaborate will fit well with our values.
In return, we commit to being an employer who balances fun and delivery. We pride ourselves in providing a work environment where it is safe to be yourself. Our teams enjoy the satisfaction that comes from creating success and joy, entertaining the world, and working together.
PikPok is dedicated to delivering exceptional player experiences. If you have the same drive to support the delivery of quality of service to our customers, then you might just be the Experienced Programmer, we’re looking for!
We’re PikPok, and we make games!
Live the PikPok values
- Be Curious
- Take Ownership
- Collaborate Well
About the role
PikPok wants to create success and joy through entertaining the world by working together.
We’re looking for a talented Experienced Programmer who knows how to work with people and write high quality code. Games are collaborative exercises, and we want someone who’ll succeed through their interactions with all disciplines, not just other programmers. You should have experience of debugging tricky problems, and be driven to design your way to solutions – whatever might come across your desk. You should also have prior knowledge of game development, but we’re not too concerned where you got it.
Stakeholders and key relationships
- Technical Manager (Line Manager)
- Project Tech Lead
- Product Team
- Tech Division
Develop software for PikPok:
- Develop code for titles and tools under guidance of senior staff and project leads.
- Document systems where appropriate.
- Ask questions and seek clarification and assistance when needed.
- Effectively listen to and take on board feedback, guidance, and instruction.
- Take ownership of some game areas, proactively co-designing systems with senior staff and ensuring code & system quality.
- Plan and estimate tasks.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the wider technical and experiential goals of the project and be able to contribute meaningfully towards this, without high levels of direct guidance and direction.
Contribute to the effective and efficient operations of PikPok by:
- Participating actively as a member of the PikPok team.
- Willingly interacting with all members of their project team and actively participating in discussion where appropriate.
- Playing studio games and, where appropriate, offering constructive input in order to achieve high quality titles.
- Undertaking projects as requested by line manager and discipline lead.
PikPok’s priority is the health and safety of all those around us. Our people are encouraged to work together to provide a safe environment for all.
- Aptitude for learning new skills.
- Fluent in C# and/or C++.
- Experience with the software development life cycle, and object oriented design and programming techniques.
- Strong debugging skills and practices.
- Able to talk through problems and collaborate in system design.
- Familiarity with the Windows or OSX operating environments.
- Tertiary Computer Science qualification or equivalent experienced.
- Able to assist more junior staff with difficult tasks, in order to progress towards active mentoring.
- Willing to take initiative when required and proactively troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential issues.
- Strong commitment to PikPok’s long term objectives.
- Strong drive to achieving quality output and outcomes.
- Ability to produce quality product within tight deadlines.
- Able to communicate effectively with a range of management levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Please visit our careers website at www.pikpok.com to see the full position description and to learn about what it means to be a great member of our team.
- Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information on your application – notice period and location.
October 8, 2021