Flightless is looking for an Experienced or Senior Unity Game Developer with proven realtime networking skills to join our studio working on current and future game titles.
You will be working closely with our team to help design, develop and deploy networking features in our upcoming game titles. You’ll have professional experience working in games and a solid knowledge of Unity workflow. You will be responsible for assessing networking frameworks, designing game client/server architecture, game programming, and helping to deploy our games.
Our preference is for the role to be onsite at our Mount Maunganui-based studio but there is an opportunity for remote work.
- Designing and developing high performance realtime networking solutions in Unity for current and future game titles
- Writing efficient, well commented C#
- Effective communication and documentation
- Upskilling other studio and remote team members
- At least 4 years industry experience on multiple shipped game titles
- Solid understanding of Unity and C#
- Experience designing, developing and deploying realtime networked games using Mirror, Photon PUN/Bolt or similar frameworks
- Excellent problem solving, time management and communication skills
- NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
- Experience with Unity features like physics, custom editors, shaders and graphics programming, UI development, multi-platform development, library/package development
- Experience with sound programming using FMOD
- Experience with performance analysis and optimisation
- Experience with source control using Plastic, Git, or similar
We can offer:
- A collaborative, creative and talented team environment
- A competitive salary
- Remote work or possible relocation options considered
Founded in 2005 as a digital design company, we have transitioned into a full-time games studio developing our own IP.
Our substantial commercial work experience spans multi-award winning projects across museum and visitor experiences, games and moving image, online and the visual arts.
Our approach produces original looking games that have a creative approach, a player centred focus, and often involve environmental themes.
We are based in beautiful Mount Maunganui, New Zealand.
December 15, 2022