Creating Worlds, Telling Stories: this is what we have been doing at Wētā Workshop for more than 30 years, earning multiple awards for our ground-breaking work in Film and Video Games. Based in Miramar, Wellington, we have been working with the biggest names in the entertainment industry to deliver unforgettable experiences to our fans all over the world.
We are currently looking for a talented Game Designer to join our Interactive crew and help us deliver our new and exciting game using an IP dear to our hearts for PC and Consoles. Reporting to our Lead Game Designer, and working within the design team, you will be focused on creating compelling and engaging gameplay systems to ensure the overall game experience is enjoyable for all.
What will you be doing?
- As the Game Designer, you will contribute to the whole design and development process of our games, while following industry trends and good practices
- Creating and refining clear design documentation to help guide groups towards a shared product vision
- Researching, designing, and prototyping key gameplay features
- Ensuring key adjustments are made to reflect any developments as the project continues
- Work collaboratively with the Lead Designer, Producers, and any other key leads to determine project design specifications and to ensure successful, on-time delivery
- Playtest and iterate on content to ensure the highest quality outcome.
- Utilize team feedback, data analysis, and user research feedback to make improvements on the whole game design process
What we’re looking for from you?
- Knowledge of the games industry with at least one Game Designer shipped title.
- Strong experience in Unity development and C#.
- Portfolio demonstrating a good understanding of the core principles of game design.
- Understanding of gameplay mechanics and game design across a variety of genres.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Eye for detail, commitment to quality and accuracy to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and to the highest standards.
- Team player ready to roll-up their sleeves to help others and deliver the best game ever
- Ability to independently prototype isolated gameplay systems.
- Experience with Life Simulation, Dating, or Narrative games is a plus.
- Creative writing skills are also a plus.
So, what can we offer you? I’m glad you asked! We promise you that the content you produce will be deeply integral to defining our upcoming games and experiences! If that wasn’t awesome enough, you’ll also get to work with an exceptionally talented team of experienced game veterans, fresh-faced idea generators as well as the world-building imaginations that forged Middle Earth, Pandora, and many others. And we’re in Wellington, New Zealand – which is bloody nice if we do say so ourselves.
We’re a fun, collaborative team, we look out for and support each other. Creative, down to earth, and inclusive, we welcome diversity, dogs and pretty much anything that makes for a better workday.
Sound like you? Hit the “Apply for this job” now. Applications close Wednesday 27th October 2021
For a copy of the Job Description or to find out more contact Kate Grealish at email@example.com
October 27, 2021