A44 Games is looking for people to join our team in beautiful Wellington, New Zealand. We’re currently expanding and on the hunt for talented, dedicated game developers to be part of our next adventure. The ideal candidate will have experience in games and an eagerness to push the boundaries of what an indie game can be. You must also be willing to relocate to Wellington – we’re sure our office pug, Broccoli, will be able to convince you!
As a Game Designer, you will work closely with an interdisciplinary team to deliver a creative vision for the game.You need to be an effective team player who can contribute to new and existing ideas, as well as adjust to change in design choices as necessary. You will be required to design and iterate on gameplay mechanics and content, while growing as a designer.
This is a full-time in-house position in Wellington, New Zealand.
- Extensive knowledge of game mechanics and design processes;
- Ability to conceptualize, critically analyze, prototype and implement game ideas;
- Clear understanding of milestones and the ability to work well under pressure;
- Ability to adapt to new processes, accept critique and iterate;
- Willingness to listen and be a team-player in a multidisciplinary team;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing;
- An interest in and strong understanding of Open World RPGs.
- At least 1 shipped title;
- Minimum 2 years game design experience;
- Unreal Engine 4 experience.
How to Apply
Email your CV to Mike at jobs [at] a44games.com
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted directly by a member of the A44 Games team.
Due to high volumes of applications, we may not be able to respond to all queries that have been unsuccessful in the first instance. If you don’t hear from us, please know that we will keep your contact information for future roles that match your skills.
Thank you for your interest in applying at A44 Games.
December 31, 2019