Calling out for an experienced Game Developers to come collaborate with us in building fascinating VR games from inception to delivery. You will help create well engineered , reliable and maintainable code. Work with game designers to help construct game mechanics, features and systems that serve specific purposes. Proactively collaborate with the team members to help create engaging and effective solutions. We are on the look out for more than one game developers to join the team at this stage.
Joy Business Academy (JBA) is a passionate and ambitious organisation that strives to push the boundaries of learning. We use modern digital tools and innovative technologies to re-envision what learning can represent in a global, diverse, post-industrial world. JBA creates a variety of games for training, self-reflection, skill- assessment and simulated experience exposure. We pride ourselves on creating engaging ways to learn, reflect, improve and leverage the power of play to create strong and lasting positive outcomes.
The Key Responsibilities
- Have the ability to read and adhere to highly detailed design documents. To help maintain an iterative and open conversation with designers during the construction process.
- Adherence and adaptability to work to the vision of a game designer.
- Create regular game builds and take part in test group response panels.
- Creating gameplay prototypes and help maintain a database of concepts for future development.
- Manage production schedules, prototyping goals, and communication plans in collaboration with staff
- Experience of collaborating in a scrum, agile environment with minimal supervision.
- Creating and prototyping new mechanics.
- Code optimisation and debugging.
- Collaborate with a team of senior game designers to design, tune, implement and balance the gaming experience
- Collaborate with artists and animators to create unique environments and levels.
- Reporting, assigning and fixing bugs that are related to game design and get feedback from team lead, COO,CEO.
- Design and develop testing automation framework.
- Develop, support and improve C# tools, libraries, scripts, code for continuous data validation,
- testing, data crossing and automated testing.
- Provide support to clients and team members for developed architecture as their requirements evolve.
- Identify technical and development risks, obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
- Keep up with the latest developments in Unity and connected stacks.
- Be current on industry trends including new genres of games globally.
The Ideal Person
- At least 5 years of previous work experience as a game developer.
- Strong Experience with C# we use Unity.
- Extensive networking knowledge-we use Photon networking.
- Experience working with cloud bases systems and local servers including, but not limited to web-based protocols, REST,API’s and sockets.
- Exceptional with OOP methods & creating optimised systems.
- Solid understanding of the code optimisation and debugging.
- Experience with agile, scrum environment.
- Experience working with CI, CD processes
- Exceptional Git skills
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
- Strong working knowledge of level design and UI, UX.
- Strong analytical skills with great attention to detail.
- A deep passion for engineering and creating fun and engaging experiences that meets a defined scope.
- Solid understanding of the life cycle of game project both development and live operations.
- Solid understanding of the code optimisation and debussing.
- A proven track record in the industry with time spent working on established AAA orAA game development house or an impressive collection of independently released titles.
We are an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and value having members that represent our global diversity. JBA is also an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer.
If this role sounds like your next opportunity, APPLY with your CV and a Covering letter.
If you have any questions or would like to get in touch please contact Sangeetha Vadluri (Sangeetha@prideandjoy.org)
August 30, 2021