- Help us develop cutting edge games across a variety of platforms within the Interactive division
- Fun, collaborative team that looks out for each other
- Full time, based in Miramar
Weta Workshop’s award-winning concept design and manufacturing facility has been making cool stuff for over 30 years, right here in Miramar, Wellington.
Applying our innovative artistry to the world’s creative industries we take on projects of any size, scope, or scale, from the earliest stages of creative development through to manufacture and delivery all over the world.
We are currently looking for an exceptionally talented Game Producer to join our team in beautiful Wellington and help us deliver our next game project with an IP that is very close to our hearts. Reporting to our Production Manager and working closely with the Lead Game Designer, you will be experienced with Scrum frameworks and work in an agile mindset. Get in on the ground of this exciting next phase here in the interactive team at Weta Workshop.
What will you be doing?
- Creating and maintaining the project schedule as well as derive various production metrics which can be used to accurately define key milestones and project dates.
- Promptly identify and resolve current and future blockers and cross-dependencies which may hinder efficient game development.
- Working closely with department leads and managers to prioritise development of critical gameplay systems and toolsets.
- Providing regular updates to senior stakeholders on project status and other critical project information.
- Creating and curating critical documentation, ensuring that all required information is current and easily accessible.
- Working with key internal stakeholders and project critical vendors to define long term roadmaps and production priorities.
What we’re looking for from you?
- Previous experience working on social and live sim game genres.
- High proficiency and previous experience working with industry-standard project management tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Must have a knack for project planning, task tracking, estimation, and scheduling
- Software skills – proficient Office 365 user, asset tracking software such as Shotgun and cloud-based file sharing systems.
- Ability to process and prioritise feedback under time constraints, actioning key points as necessary for the successful delivery of the project.
- Excellent client-facing and internal stakeholder management and communication skills
- Eye for detail, commitment to quality and accuracy to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and to the highest standards.
- A genuine passion for games, and a strong desire to elevate and innovate on existing genres.
We’re a fun, collaborative team, we look out for and support each other. Creative, down to earth, and inclusive, we welcome diversity, dogs and pretty much anything that makes for a better workday.
We are reviewing applications as they come in, so please Apply now!
For a copy of the Job Description or to find out more contact Kate Grealish at firstname.lastname@example.org
August 6, 2021