- Help us develop cutting edge games across a variety of platforms within the Interactive division
- Fun, collaborative team that looks out for each other
- Full time, based in Miramar
Weta Workshop’s award-winning concept design and manufacturing facility has been making cool stuff for over 30 years, right here in Miramar, Wellington.
Applying our innovative artistry to the world’s creative industries we take on projects of any size, scope, or scale, from the earliest stages of creative development through to manufacture and delivery all over the world.
As a Senior Programmer, you will be reporting to our Lead Programmer and working in conjunction with the rest of the Interactive division to design, architect and maintain engaging and compelling game systems and features. We are also hiring Junior and Intermediate Game Programmers to help deliver our next game project with an IP that is very close to our hearts!
What will you be doing?
- Working with game designers to create adaptive and scalable gameplay systems.
- Writing high quality gameplay code in Unity.
- Working with designers, artists, and other programmers to architect and implement robust, accessible development toolsets based on existing and future requirements.
- Assisting with defining and improving development pipelines and processes.
- Supporting optimisation, bug fixing and finalising efforts for our game projects.
- Assist with training and mentoring more junior team members.
- Constantly assessing code quality and work to improve the performance and robustness of applications and games.
- Comfortable with leading the development of core game features.
- Accurately estimate work and foresee dependencies early.
What we’re looking for from you?
- Significant games industry experience, preferably with at least 2 shipped projects as a programmer
- Deep knowledge of one or more common game systems such as networking, AI, databases, or analytics.
- Expert knowledge of C#.
- Significant experience with Unity game engine.
- Comfortable with one or more industry standard repository systems.
- Team player ready to roll-up their sleeves to help others and deliver the best game ever
We are also looking for Junior and Intermediate Programmers, please get in touch to learn more about these roles’ requirements
We’re a fun, collaborative team, we look out for and support each other. Creative, down to earth, and inclusive, we welcome diversity, dogs and pretty much anything that makes for a better workday.
We are reviewing applications as they come in, so please Apply now!
For a copy of the Job Description or to find out more contact Kate Grealish at email@example.com
August 6, 2021