The Generalist Engineer is responsible for building great code. As an Engineer at Blind Squirrel Games, you will work as part of a small team to solve tough technical challenges in a high energy environment with experienced industry leaders and a highly collaborative team.
You will design, implement, and test as part of the development team.
This is a full-time hybrid position available to Auckland, New Zealand residents only to work based out of our Auckland studio at least two days a week with the option to work remotely for the remainder of the week.
- Create high-performance, robust, maintainable code in a cross-platform environment
- Evaluate existing technology architectures
- Extend existing systems to meet long-term needs of ongoing development
- Work with external development partners
- Adhere to team coding standards and practice
- Required to work independently and report to a manager
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent professional experience
- 1+ year professional experience as a programmer
- 1+ year of professional or independent video game experience
- Fluent in C/C++
- Solid understanding of multi-threaded programming
- Effective communicator in a team-oriented environment
- Experience with the current PC development process
- UE 4 or 5 experience
- Mobile experience
- Working with Xbox development kits
- Native Android Development / Java
- A passion for video games and game development
February 28, 2023