About Joy Business Academy
Joy Business Academy is a growing and ambitious studio leading lifelong learning. We use modern digital tools, game design techniques and innovative technologies to re-envision the delivery of innovative learning solutions.
We are calling out for our new Game artist to be responsible for creating a range of visual assets, interactive and static content for immersive learning products spanning games, mobile and web.
You will be coming to a team with a strong sense of ownership and pride in their work, one that is deeply attuned to creating positive social impact for a wide range of learning communities.
Sounds intriguing? Read up on what we are looking for and let us know if you are the one!
Your responsibilities (a.k.a what you can expect to do on a day-to-day basis)
- Create 2D and 3D assets following art styles and project specifications for in-game use.
- Collaborate with other artists, programmers and designers to Integrate visuals in-game.
- Document and organize your work thoroughly and maintain production pipeline.
- Provide accurate time estimates for tasks and meet production deadlines.
Profile (a.k.a requirements to be successful in the role)
- Deep understanding of game development process and art pipelines.
- Deep understanding of creating optimized game assets for mobile platforms.
- Ability to work in a variety of styles.
- Strong knowledge of 3D software, i.e. Maya or Blender.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Understanding of UI best practices, usability and accessibility.
- Experience with animation (2D or 3D) is a plus.
- Maya / Blender (Modelling, UV, Texturing)
- Adobe Photoshop
- 3-4 years of experience working in the video game industry (or equivalent full-time self-published/indie experience)
- Experience creating for VR is a plus
What we offer
- Have an impact: with innovation and smart technology, we are changing the way people learn, and you too can have an impact on this disruptive adventure.
- Be part of the early stages of the fast growing start-up: where everyone is equally important and works together on uncharted challenges alongside inspiring colleagues in a diverse environment.
- Innovative learning experience: challenge yourselves and keep building your skills
- Fun at work and beyond: join our regular team events – there is always something to celebrate!
- Feel at home: We provide you a comfortable working space, free drinks, a casual dress code.
If this role sounds like your next opportunity, please send your resume, examples of your work, and an accompanying cover letter that includes:
- Key relevant experience
- Why you would like to work for JBA
If you have any questions or would like to get in touch, please contact Lauren Bardebes (email@example.com).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value having members that represent our global diversity. We strongly encourage any individual regardless of race, religion, colour, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status to apply for this role.
October 31, 2019