The developers of Wanderer – an award-winning virtual reality time-travel adventure game – are supercharging the studio and are looking for an experienced game developer to join the team in beautiful and vibrant Auckland (NZ) for a minimum 24 month duration (with potential extension and permanent options).
Our ideal candidate has a strong development background using Unreal Engine, C++ and blueprinting, and a passion for VR gaming. If you love working in a fast paced, fun and collaborative environment, come join our team and help make our vision for truly exciting VR games come to life.
Skills & Responsibilities
- Instil a high level of code quality and technical innovation.
- Code and architect gameplay mechanics and tools in an efficient and reusable manner
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Collaborate closely with other disciplines
- Ability to prioritise and respond to change in order to meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Unreal Engine and excellent proficiency in C++ and blueprinting
- Ideally have shipped at least 1 title
- 2+ years of game industry experience
- Experience using various profiling tools to optimise performance. (previous mobile or VR experience a bonus)
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools such as Perforce, Git
What we offer
As a small, tight-knit team with passionate, enthusiastic and ambitious owners and team members we are intent on building a studio where you can be yourself and contribute to, not just the game you are working on, but also the overall studio vision.
What you can expect during your time with us:
- Guidance and support for your career with regular check ins and allowance for open and honest feedback and communication.
- Social and team events across a range of activities that members of the team take turns deciding on including game nights, karaoke sessions, dinners, mini golf and other activities.
- We have an ever growing addiction to Magic The Gathering and run Magic Drafts, for those interested, multiple times a year.
- Annual internal gam jam sessions
- Opportunities to attend local conferences and workshops as well as allowance for self-directed learning.
- Flexible hours and WFH opportunities.
- Cakes and morning teas for team birthdays (the lemon cake is a team favourite).
- Great location with easy access to a supermarket, gourmet grocery store and the ever-popular Ponsonby Central a short walk away.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for their next challenge. We’re a passionate group of storytellers, creatives, and developers and we encourage applications of a diverse range – we’re looking at you, women, LGBTQ+ community, Maori, Pasifika, and all typically under-represented groups.
If this sounds like your type of game, company and role we would love to hear from you.
August 31, 2022