Joy Business Academy is a growing and ambitious studio striving to push the boundaries of lifelong learning. We use modern digital tools, game design techniques and innovative technologies to re-envision what learning can represent in a global, diverse, post-industrial world.
We are calling out for an Intern to help us put together scenarios for our existing games in Virtual Reality and Financial Literacy during 10 weeks.
You’ll be coming to a team with a strong sense of ownership and pride over their work, as well as one that is deeply attuned to creating positive social impact for a wide range of learning communities.
Sounds intriguing? Read up on what we’re looking for, and let us know if you are the one.
(a.k.a what you can expect to do on a day-to-day basis)
You will help to integrate art assets and test the games and learn about the commercial production process, working with version control in an existing game, framework and an agile production process. And also test our games.
(a.k.a requirements to be successful in the role)
- Be studying Science, Engineering, Technology, Design or Business at a New Zealand tertiary education institution;
- Be studying at NZQA level 7-10: Doctoral Degree, Master’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree; Bachelor Honours Degree; Graduate Diploma; Graduate Certificate, Postgraduate Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma; (Note: Diploma level 7 only); or if study has been completed the closing date of the last semester should be less than 6 months ago.
- Experience in working with Unity.
- Object-oriented programming experience.
- Experience with Git or other source control software.
- Programming experience with C#.
- Be legally permitted to work in New Zealand.
- Not have been previously employed at the business unless part-time or temporary.
(a.k.a traits that would make you fit into our team seamlessly)
We’re a team passionate about creating positive social impact through interactive experiences and games. As such, it’s important to us that our staff share the same passion and are advocates for the company values that guide the way we operate.
You’d be our ideal candidate, if you are…
- Driven and Self-motivated – you don’t wait around to be told what to do, you take pride and ownership over your work.
- Collaborative-minded – you enjoy learning from others and hearing a range of unique perspectives.
- Optimistic – not necessarily the “always happy” type, but you see issues and failures as opportunities rather than, well, issues and failures.
- Authentic – you know who you are, and you are secure in how your unique personality profile can add value to a team.
- Solution-minded – you see problems as a pathway to a solution or solutions, and not the end of the road.
- Have a sense of social responsibility – we chose to center our business around creating positive social impact because we deeply believe that it is our duty to do so.
- Supportive and team orientated – you work well in a team and support your peers in achieving the best results for our clients and our end users.
If this role sounds like your next opportunity, please send your resume, examples of your work, and an accompanying cover letter that includes:
- Key relevant experience
- Code Samples
- Who you are and how you see yourself fitting into our team
- Why you would like to work for JBA
June 19, 2019