Applications close midnight 30 January 2022
Come join our world class team!
We’re an established games studio in Christchurch, New Zealand, with over 10 years experience in the industry. We’re all passionate about video games and pride ourselves on delivering authentic, high quality experiences for gamers around the world. We have a relaxed, friendly office atmosphere and value our people very highly.
We work closely with some of the world’s entertainment giants; Disney, Pixar, Universal, Dreamworks, Jam City and cross-departmental collaboration is key for us to design and develop the bespoke artistic and technical products needed to bring their ideas to life.
As a 3D Artist at CerebralFix you’ll be working with an experienced development team and some of the industry’s largest international companies and global brands, using your modelling and animation skills to bring to life a wide variety of 3D elements for use in their products.
- Proficient use of Maya for modelling and animating
- Production of new 3D models where required, these may include characters, environments, weapons or recreation of existing real life objects.
- Creating animations for existing models, including rigging of models you create or existing models.
- Improving and iterating on concepts and models, as the art and design teams contribute feedback, new ideas and design concepts.
- Updating and revamping existing art assets to bring them up to current game or expansion standards where required.
- Estimating and planning upcoming features.
- Learning and expanding knowledge of 3D art programs and tools.
- Participating in discussions regarding overall art direction for the game and adhering to any decisions made.
- You have experience in the use of Maya (or comparable 3D software) with a fundamental understanding and ability to create high quality organic and hard surface models, UV’s, textures, rigs and animations.
- You have the skill and understanding of how to create a range of different texture maps.
- Understanding of Unreal and/or Unity.
- You should have experience in delivering the best for your clients while meeting the needs of your team.
- You could have successfully delivered products into a marketplace.
- Enjoy working with teams made up of a diverse range of people and skill sets.
- Can work on-site with the rest of the studio in central Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Communicate easily in English.
- Love to learn and improve on the job.
- Have great interpersonal skills with the ability to discuss problems and how you might solve them.
- Love video games!
Why work for CFix?
We value YOU, your work/life balance, your diversity, your growth and development and your overall well being. We offer flexible working conditions with a 60 day work from home policy, competitive pay rates, free medical insurance, EAP services, and the chance to work with a bunch of like-minded individuals that know how to make fun whilst having fun.
What to include in your application
Your cover letter and CV/Resume along with your portfolio link (with a full URL, not a Google Drive or Dropbox link). These materials should demonstrate:
- Your current 3D modelling and texturing skills.
- Your understanding of the game art pipeline, including real time assets suitable for game art.
- Your skill and understanding of how to create a range of different texture maps.
- Your experience in the use of Autodesk Maya for 3D modelling and animation.
- Any products that you have previously delivered in a professional context.
- 1 Feb Notification for shortlisted/unsuccessful applicants.
- 6 Feb Art tests end.
- 8-10 Feb Technical Interviews end
- 14-15 Feb Executive/Final Interviews end
- 16 Feb Offers made
January 30, 2022