We’re PikPok, New Zealand’s longest standing game developer, and we make great game experiences. We aim to create and entertain, be successful and enjoy what we do, and we’re looking for people who want that too. Over the years, we’ve built loads of games for all sorts of platforms, most recently titles like Agent Intercept, Rival Stars Horse Racing and Into the Dead 2.
Our teams are small, and everyone involved can contribute to the decisions that shape our products. We’re always working to build and maintain a safe and fun studio culture and we welcome applications from diverse candidates and those with a range of backgrounds, skills, and experiences.
Which brings us to you.
We’re looking for a talented Motion Designer who works well within a highly creative, team-focused environment.
You’ll be at home in After Effects, able to work across a wide range of styles and able to jump quickly from one project to another.
We need someone fast, flexible and reliable, willing and able to deal effectively with everything from small, urgent requests through to supporting full product launches, marketing and advertising campaigns.
You should enjoy a fast-paced environment and the challenges that entails. You’ll need to be a strong communicator – someone who enjoys collaborating with others to deliver top-shelf solutions on a consistent basis.
You can expect to be developing:
- Game advertising, often capturing and editing material from within our game titles directly;
- Game trailers and other video promotional material;
- Miscellaneous assets such as creative for social media campaigns and studio showreels.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Highly developed skills in video design and production, editing and motion graphics;
- A keen eye for motion and animation, pacing, graphic design and visual storytelling;
- The ability to work effectively across a wide range of visual styles;
- The ability to think conceptually and develop ideas into well-considered solutions;
- Some experience in a professional (preferably studio) environment – games, film, television or other relevant area or creative industry;
- A tertiary level design qualification with a relevant focus or major;
- Strong competency with Adobe CC and/or other professional-grade graphics, editing and effects packages;
- Some working knowledge of contemporary game engines (preferably Unity);
- Some working knowledge of 3D software (preferably Maya);
- Proven workflow, task management and scheduling skills;
- The ability to communicate effectively and with confidence;
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude, great work ethic and strong sense of initiative;
- The capacity to work well under pressure and to efficiently manage deadlines;
- A developed understanding of (and appreciation for) games as a creative medium.
If this sounds like you, then please take the time to look over some of our work by visiting our YouTube channel
Applicants across all levels of experience are welcome to apply for this role.
- Please send your application including a copy of your resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to include a (clickable) link to your showreel.
- Please do not include large email attachments but instead ensure that your application includes a link to your showreel. Applications without a reel will not be considered.
- If group work is included, ensure that you provide a detailed and accurate breakdown of your specific contributions.
- Due to Covid-19, you must already be resident in NZ and either a NZ citizen or permanent resident (or otherwise hold an established right to work in NZ), to be considered for this position.
August 20, 2021