Mighty Eyes, the developers of Wanderer – an award-winning virtual reality time-travel adventure game – are looking for a highly organised and confident Producer to join the team in beautiful and vibrant Auckland (NZ) for a minimum 18 month duration (with potential extension and permanent options).
We’re looking for someone who has a strong background in producing and helping manage the game development process. This includes assisting to manage development tasks, schedules, workflows, publishing and QA. If you love working in a fun and collaborative environment and thrive on supporting your teammates, come join our team and help make our vision for truly exciting VR games come to life.
Skills & Responsibilities
- 3+ years’ experience as producer/project manager (ideally in the gaming industry) with at least one published title (or similar) to your credit.
- Have a solid understanding of game creation from development to publishing.
- Ability to understand, organise and motivate a varied team of passionate designers, artists and developers by fostering strong and collaborative relationships.
- Able to organise and document a team’s workflow while creating and following a well maintained schedule.
- Organising and distributing tasks among project team members on a weekly and sometimes daily basis and using project management tools to implement these.
- Overseeing development deadlines and communicating with stakeholders both internal and external on milestones and budgets.
- Manage contractors and remote outsourcing from art to QA.
- Schedule publishing builds, store information, meta data through our various platform partners and assist the team in executing marketing and sales schedules.
- Reporting on platform analytics & sales reports.
- A willingness to grow and learn and continually improve skill sets.
- General office management and assisting the management team in administrative tasks including financial accounts assistance and tracking, contract management and maintenance, and team operations to generally ensure the smooth running of the day to day operations.
- A natural problem solver with a proactive attitude that knows how to work around potential issues under pressure.
- Able to work from our Auckland (NZ) studio.
What we offer
As a small, tight-knit team with passionate, enthusiastic and ambitious owners and team members we are intent on building a studio where you can be yourself and contribute to, not just the game you are working on, but also the overall studio vision.
What you can expect during your time with us:
- Guidance and support for your career with regular check ins and allowance for open and honest feedback and communication.
- Social and team events across a range of activities that members of the team take turns deciding on including game nights, karaoke sessions, dinners, mini golf and other activities.
- We have an ever growing addiction to Magic The Gathering and run Magic Drafts, for those interested, multiple times a year.
- Annual internal gam jam sessions
- Opportunities to attend local conferences and workshops as well as allowance for self-directed learning.
- Flexible hours and WFH opportunities.
- Cakes and morning teas for team birthdays (the lemon cake is a team favourite).
- Great central Auckland location
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for their next challenge. We’re a passionate group of storytellers, creatives, and developers and we encourage applications of a diverse range – we’re looking at you, women, LGBTQ+ community, Maori, Pasifika, and all typically under-represented groups.
If this sounds like your type of game, company and role we would love to hear from you.
Please apply through Seek with your CV including a covering letter.
February 10, 2023