About the business
A44 Games is a world leading video game developer based in Wellington, New Zealand. Founded in 2013, our studio has grown from a small indie studio into a burgeoning AAA game studio.
We are looking for full time game developers to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will be experienced in video game development and have an eagerness to become an integral part of our future growth plans.
About the role
As a Senior FX Artist, you will be creating a wide variety of effects for our game. You will be working closely with leads, producers and other developers. As a senior team member, you are expected to work effectively and perform to a high standard.
Skills and experience
● Must be an expert in creating assets in external DCC application such as Maya, Houdini and Photoshop
● Must be an expert in Unreal Engine
● Good understanding of Niagara System
● Ability to create high quality visual effects for the game
● Strong knowledge of visual communication through effects
● Ability to work with production and prioritise tasks to ensure deliverables are completed on time
● Solve technical problems and issues
● Strong communication skills
● Be able to mentor the team as required
● 2+ shipped console title or equivalent
● Minimum of 5 years in experience in the games industry
● FX Concepting skills a bonus
February 14, 2021