We have an exciting new game about to start development! Two studios, M Theory & Oddboy, have collaborated to develop Wanderer – a virtual reality time-travel adventure game. We’re looking for a switched on senior game developer to lead a team of four in beautiful and cosmopolitan Auckland (NZ) for the duration of the 18-24 month project (with potential extension options).
Our ideal candidate has a strong development background in Unreal Engine, C++ and blueprinting, and a passion for VR and adventure games. If you love working in a fun and collaborative environment, come join our team and help make our vision for a truly exciting VR game come to life.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for their next challenge. We’re a passionate group of storytellers, creatives, and developers and we encourage applications of a diverse range.
If this sounds like your type of game, company and role we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV including game examples and a covering letter to:
Skills & responsibilities
- Ability to Inspire and lead a team, have good work ethic and be a good team role model
- Instill a high level of code quality and technical innovation while promoting best practices with other team members
- Ability to prioritise and respond to change in order to meet deadlines
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Collaborate closely with other disciplines
- Strong knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and excellent proficiency in C++ and blueprinting
- Must have shipped at least 1 desktop or console title (Bonus if : PSVR or other VR platforms)
- 3+ years of game industry experience
- Experience optimizing memory and space usage
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools such as Perforce, Git, SVN, and Mercurial
August 17, 2019