Beyond is looking for a senior game programmer to work on current and upcoming VR titles in-house at our Wellington studio.
As a key member of our team you will work closely with our team to fulfil the technical requirements of developing and supporting our games and our producer to identify and resolve challenges.
Our ideal candidate has a strong development background in C++, good software development practices and loves tech/VR.
Beyond has brought together a tech gaming dream team to craft friendly, hilarious, active multiplayer VR games. We’re on a mission to bring VR to the masses.
Our first game, Oddball was published in 2020 and licensed to VR arcades and entertainment spaces across the world. The game was a world first on Oculus Quest enabling multiple players in the same space to play together and saw us nominated for Creative Gold at the Wellington Gold Awards.
As winners of the Spark 5G starter fund we developed a 5G mobile companion app that allows mobile players to join our VR arcade games as a supporting character.
Now focussed on both consumer and arcade VR games, our unique game mechanics and integrated mobile app makes us a little different from an average game studio. We’re positioned to leverage this growing gaming niche and bring more joy to the VR world.
We’re looking to bring someone in that is keen to play a critical part in the future of our studio. Is that you?
What Are We Working On?
Combonauts A multiplayer Oculus Quest collaboration with Weta Workshop due for release in late 2021.
Fluf World An NFT powered cross-platform metaverse project
In this role you will:
- Perform core game, system, and platform programming tasks, operating as one of the key players in the development of our titles.
- Leverage your game development experience to expand the knowledge and technical abilities of the team around you
Applicants ideally have:
- At least 5 years experience developing games on mobile, PC or console.
- Strong knowledge of game engines, UE4 experience preferred but not required
- A strong background in C++
- Strong software methodology and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of best optimisation techniques, mobile experience is a bonus
- Experience in rapid prototyping of gameplay elements
- Interest in VR
- Shipped at least one game (even better if Quest, PSVR or other VR platforms)
- Competitive remuneration including ESOP
- Inclusive, kind workplace
- Cool work toys including every VR headset you could dream of
- Cute small office dogs
- Flexible working hours
December 23, 2021