Senior Level Designer
A44 Games is looking for people to join our team in beautiful Wellington, New Zealand. We’re currently expanding and on the hunt for talented, dedicated game developers to be part of our next adventure. The ideal candidate will have experience in games and an eagerness to push the boundaries of what an indie game can be. You must also be willing to relocate to Wellington – we’re sure our office pug, Broccoli, will be able to convince you!
As a Senior Level Designer, you will work closely with an interdisciplinary team to deliver on the creative vision for the game by building story-driven open world levels and memorable gameplay. You will be expected to take ownership over level designs while collaborating with different departments and being an effective team player who can contribute to new and existing ideas as well as adjusting to change in design choices as necessary.
This is a full-time in-house position in Wellington, New Zealand.
- Extensive knowledge of level design processes including level flow, scale, structure, pacing and environmental storytelling;
- Understanding of form vs. function relationships, pacing, and what makes a game level fun and intriguing;
- Understanding of accessibility and level of difficulty for your level designs;
- Ability to conceptualize, critically analyze, prototype and implement game ideas;
- Clear understanding of scheduling and milestones, and the ability to work well under pressure;
- Ability to adapt to new processes, accept critique and iterate;
- Willingness to listen and be a team-player in an energetic multidisciplinary team;
- Ability to collaborate with designers and artists to create compelling levels for players to explore;
- Ability to pitch design concepts in a clear manner, using strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to tackle challenges and problem solve with a strong sense of ownership;
- Strong analytical capabilities and a talent for understanding the “why” behind designs.
- At least 2 shipped title;
- Minimum 3-4 years working in a level design capacity;
- Unreal Engine 4 experience;
- Experience with Open World AAA games is a bonus.
How to Apply
Email your CV to Mike at email@example.com
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted directly by a member of the A44 Games team.
Due to high volumes of applications, we may not be able to respond to all queries that have been unsuccessful in the first instance. If you don’t hear from us, please know that we will keep your contact information for future roles that match your skills.
Thank you for your interest in applying at A44 Games.
December 31, 2019