PikPok is looking for a passionate senior online services developer to join our world-beating mobile game dev team!
We’re PikPok, New Zealand’s longest standing game developer, and we make great game experiences. We want to create and entertain, while being successful and enjoying what we do, and we’re looking for people who want that too. Over the years, we’ve built loads of games for all sorts of platforms, most recently titles like Dungeon Inc. and Into the Dead 2 on Android and iOS. Our teams are small, and everyone involved can contribute to the decisions that shape the products. We’re always working to build and maintain a safe and fun studio culture.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Online Programmer who loves keeping backend services running smoothly, while improving them and adding functionality. Game product teams are multidisciplinary, and we want someone who wants to work with them to bring success through collaborative problem solving. You should have lots of experience working with live online systems, and should be able to design your way to a solution – whatever might come across your desk.
We welcome applications from diverse candidates and those with a range of backgrounds, skills, and experiences.
You’re the kind of person who:
- Can see technical risks and raises them early.
- Is a great communicator and listener, with strong soft skills.
- Can work with existing server code bases, improving them as you go.
- Writes clean, high quality code.
- Understands databases, servers, and other related systems.
- Wants to contribute to building successful teams with good processes.
- Accurately estimates work, and can adapt to changing requirements and timelines.
- Likes collaborating with client teams to help them add features and understand backend capabilities.
We’re the kind of studio that:
- Loves making great games.
- Cares about work/life balance.
- Uses 1-1s and regular feedback rounds to understand your needs.
- Can be flexible around family requirements.
- Fluent in Python and web application frameworks (such as Flask or Pyramid).
- Experience working on RESTful web services to be used by native applications.
- Experience with SQL based databases.
- Experience designing databases for scalability, reliability and long term ease of use.
- Experience planning feature development.
- Aptitude for learning new skills.
- Practices good software design and architecture.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to talk through problems and collaborate in system design.
- Excellent debugging skills and practices.
- Experience working with version control systems (for example, SVN, GIT or Perforce).
- Must be eligible for NZ Visa.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with Redis, Pylons, and Celery.
- NoSQL database knowledge.
- Understanding of serverless development.
- Familiarity with DevOps skills.
- Knowledge of AWS and associated services.
- Familiar with Scrum/Agile development practices.
- Some knowledge of game development, specifically C# & Unity advantageous.
Additional information can be found online at www.pikpok.com/careers
Please send your application along with a digital copy of your résumé/CV to: email@example.com.
May 31, 2019