Senior Systems Designer
A44 Games is looking for people to join our team in beautiful Wellington, New Zealand. We’re currently expanding and on the hunt for talented, dedicated game developers to be part of our next adventure. The ideal candidate will have experience in games and an eagerness to push the boundaries of what an indie game can be. You must also be willing to relocate to Wellington – we’re sure our office pug, Broccoli, will be able to convince you!
As a Senior Systems Designer, you will work closely with an interdisciplinary team to deliver on the creative vision for the game by creating a satisfying gameplay experience through meaningful player progression. You need to be an effective team player who can contribute to new and existing ideas, as well as adjust to change in design choices as necessary. You will be required to design, create and balance player progression features, while growing as a designer.
This is a full-time in-house position in Wellington, New Zealand.
- Ability to design and implement engaging RPG progression mechanics and system designs;
- Ability to model, set up and maintain complex balancing solutions;
- Eye for how your design and balancing choices impacts the player experience;
- Ability to conceptualize, critically analyze, prototype and implement game ideas;
- Clear understanding of scheduling and milestones, and the ability to work well under pressure;
- Ability to adapt to new processes, accept critique and iterate;
- Willingness to listen and be a team-player with a positive attitude in a multidisciplinary team;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing;
- Ability to tackle challenges and problem solve with a strong sense of ownership;
- Strong analytical capabilities and a talent for understanding the “why” behind designs.
- At least 2 shipped title;
- Minimum 3-4 years game design experience;
- Unreal Engine 4 experience;
- Experience with Open World AAA games is a bonus.
How to Apply
Email your CV to Mike at email@example.com.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted directly by a member of the A44 Games team.
Due to high volumes of applications, we may not be able to respond to all queries that have been unsuccessful in the first instance. If you don’t hear from us, please know that we will keep your contact information for future roles that match your skills.
Thank you for your interest in applying at A44 Games.
December 31, 2019