Grinding Gear Games is looking for a texture artist to create textures and materials for the dark-and-gritty online game Path of Exile.
You will create textures and work to maintain a consistent aesthetic across all of the effects in the game and related mediums such as trailers and web. The ideal candidate has a firm grasp of colour, lighting, specularity, and other material properties as they relate to games. We are looking for an avid gamer that has a deep understanding of our game Path of Exile and its themes.
- 1 year of concept art work in games, or 5 years of work experience in a related field (advertising, video editing, animation)
- Superior eye for lighting, value, colour, details, and the ability to use them in creating realistic, gritty and visually-appealing imagery.
- Self-motivation and self-reliance; ability to research and learn new tools quickly.
- Excellent communications skills, and able to work within a team.
- Passion for creating dark-and-gritty environments, items, characters and monsters.
- Deep understanding of the game we produce (Path of Exile).
- Deep knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Substance Painter and Designer.
- Knowledge of Marvelous Designer and Maya is preferred.
A portfolio and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills is required. Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.
How to apply
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 31, 2019